Face of the Day: Bronze Glow

07:43




This *might* be uploading a day late. Whoops! Hope you're all having a lovely weekend. I thought I'd start a new monthly series where I showcase one of my favourite recent make up looks. It gives me a chance to discuss which products I'm loving/trying out at the moment, and also to shamelessly plug my instagram account, where I post looks on the reg. (pssst! @m_v_m_u --> link is in the bar at the top!)

This look is decidedly autumnal given that we're well into July by now, but for some reason those easy-to-wear bronzey shades are the colours I've been reaching for. Here's WOMF (what's on my face!)

Base
The Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch primer has been a long time favourite of mine, working to blur out pores and mattify any shiny/oil slick areas you might have going on. However, I also like a little bit of that why-yes-I-drink-16-glasses-of-water-a-day glow, so I'll often top this with the Seventeen Skin Wow Primer . The Bourjois City Radiance foundation is a base I've been reaching for a lot recently; it has medium, build-able coverage, while still being dewy as hell. I would say that the wear time is not fantastic, though, and the shade range is also a bit on the narrow side. I've been using two concealers pretty religiously recently; the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer (on offer now!) and the Rimmel Match Perfection Illuminating Concealer. I went on and on about the Naked Skin concealer in this favourites post, but while the coverage is a little less, I use the Match Perfection concealer under my eyes for a brightening effect. To set everything in place, I love the Maybelline New York Superstay 24h Powder, as it adds a small amount of extra coverage, and doesn't look cakey even when I pile it on. My only wish is that there was a lighter shade, as this colour can make my foundation look slightly darker/orange.

Cheeks
I'm convinced a choir of heavenly angels sing every time I open up the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit in "Surreal Light". I'm wearing both the bronzer and the dusty rose shade of blush. The highlight shade is unfortunately too dark for my pasty skin, so I've gone in with the cult favourite, The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter on my cheekbones, nose and cupids bow. To settle all the powders down, I've finished with a good spritz of MAC Prep and Prime Fix+.

Eyes
My Too Faced Shadow Insurance in "Candlelight" is sadly coming to an end, which I'm slightly devastated about given that the formula has now been discontinued. However, you can buy the ordinary one here, which I'll probably go for once this one finally dies. Apparently the theme of this look was "discontinued" (sorry! Bad beauty blogger), but the shadows on my eyes and eyebrows are MAC and Stila, and I'm fairly certain both brands still carry similar shades to the ones I'm wearing above. The Eylure Exaggerate Lashes in No. 141 (also on offer!) I mentioned in my favourites post; they're dramatic, but not too much, and are fairly standard to apply. 

Lips 
Yet another one I've harped on about, the NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in "Ruffle Trim" has been pretty much the only thing on my lips recently. I don't find the wear time to be that impressive, but it also isn't as drying as a lot of formulations I've tried, and I am in love with the colour. 

And that's about it! Let me know what you think about this post format, and if you'd like to see more. 

Never miss a post: follow me on Bloglovin'!



You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Love the look, your eye makeup looks incredible and your lipstick shade just ties the whole look!

    Vanessa x | www.springlilies.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the makeup look! That hourglass palette looks gorgeous. x

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook